China!

China! Acupuncture! Chinese Herbs! Food! Friends!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Suzhou: delicious West China food!

Mike and I went to Suzhou last week. It is a smaller city (than
Shanghai, still larger then Seattle) famous for its gardens. I was
excited the night that we arrive to find a Uyghur restaurant because
they have great food. Especially delicious kebabs. Since that is my
current China favorite, Mike was immediately dragged in for dinner.

Okay, so that menu might look a bit less appealing, but it was
actually quite delicious. I was thrilled when I accidentally ordered
my favorite bread and lamb dish. It is strongly seasoned and served
with fresh cilantro on top. One of my personal favorites. Besides,
what is not to like about a place that actually serves a darker beer
with (slightly) more favor?

The other two pictures are ones that I took from the window of the
restaurant. Suzhou has lots of Van-trucks. They are everywhere and
despite being labeled "van" decidedly a truck. The third picture is
the view across the street from the restaurant. I think this is
another place to eat, but a bit confused by the title.

Anyway, more Suzhou posts to follow! This time with actual gardens.

Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment